Basic Rules About Buying and Selling
General buying and selling information
- Many new players like to believe that the secret to financial success on Hunt & Jump is in buying and selling horses, but that strategy is seldom successful.
- While there are horses worth more than 2500 HBs in the game, the cost of developing the lines to produce those horses requires experience and cash that most players will need time to earn
- Your best bet for earning extra cash is in the barn with your hardworking show horses
- It is VERY hard to predict the sales market on Hunt & Jump.
- There are so many possible combinations of genes on Hunt & Jump it would be impossible to predict what the next trend will be
- Every day someone comes up with a new combination of colors that everyone, suddenly “must have”.
- New genes, both realistic and fantasy, are regularly being added to the game
- New players, with new likes and dislikes, join everyday. Those players are from all over the world, and have unique and diverse preferences
- Public and Private sales
- Selling horses between accounts owned by the same player is prohibited unless BOTH accounts have a Premium upgrade.
- Horses posted for public sale may NOT have any rules or restrictions on who may purchase them, or or what can or should be done with the horse after the sale.
- Private sales are restricted to Private chat rooms with less than 5 members. If a chat room has more than 5 members, no restrictions may be placed on horses posted for sale.
- Auctions by private bidding (via Private Message, or any off-game routes) are not allowed.
Can I sell horses between my accounts?
- Selling horses between accounts owned by the same player is prohibited unless BOTH accounts have a Premium upgrade. This also applies to cash transfers. If both accounts have a Premium upgrade, then unlimited cash can be transfered from one account to another as long as both accounts are over 2 months old.